God's Garden

John 15:1 - 4 "I am the true vine, and my Father is the gardener. He cuts off every branch in me that bears no fruit, while every branch that does bear fruit he prunes, so that it will be even more fruitful. You are already clean because of the word I have spoken to you. Remain in me, as I also remain in you. No branch can bear fruit by itself; it must remain in the vine. Neither can you bear fruit unless you remain in me."

Friday, March 11, 2011

Intro

As Christians, our lives can be compared to a garden.  We are responsible for taking care of what grows there.  We need to constantly prune our gardens to remove unwanted things, like anger, pride, selfishness, etc, much like a gardener prunes his garden of weeds and unwanted plants. 

Last year we had an overgrown area of poison ivy removed.  It was a huge undertaking and required the help of several workers, lasting all day.  I have since noticed the ivy slowly growing back.  It would take years to get to the level it was, but still we need to stay on top of this and remove all the unwanted plants because just one can cause an allergic reaction. 

In the same way, if we let unwanted emotions or words take root in our lives, we will have a harder time removing them.  Stop these bad behaviors as soon as they show up.  Take God's word and apply it to your circumstances.  Planting His word into our hearts will result in His word coming out of our mouths when we need it.  God says that His word is alive.  He spoke all things into existence.  We can either speak negative or positive words over our lives and the results will follow.

6 comments:

  1. Hi Kerry- I'm visiting from
    The Blogging Buddies

    Great post- so true! You must have the word in your heart as well as your head. I am taking a foundations class for Christians...I took one years ago, but it is refreshing to do so again.

    Have a great day!

    Carolee
    Come on home - mom blog
    Working at home advice

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is this your first blog? If so, welcome to the blogging world. Thanks for visiting my blog. I appreciated your comments.

    Wishing you all the best... on your blog (and your "garden").

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am your newest follower! Beautiful post!
    Thanks for visiting my blog!
    http://www.akahomeschoolmom.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice post glad to meet a new blogger! I've been at it for 3 years now you'll love it. I'm following you now on google friends connect. barb

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for this great post. Thanks for stopping by my blog. I am now following.
    I have another blog if you would like to stopby. It is Turn My Life Around, my weight loss/spiritual growth blog
    http://itsgonnaturnaround.blogspot.com/
    Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey there! I am now following all the blogs you have (I think)! :) I am also a christian and I love this site!! :) (my grocery game)

    ReplyDelete